The role of BIM Execution Plan (BEP) for MEP firms
With advancement of BIM, the demand for BIM Execution or Implementation Plan is also increased. BEP facilitates every project stakeholder to get updated with the project. Now MEP firms extensively implement BEP for improved BIM Level 2 execution.
BEP becomes part and parcel for construction projects specifically large and complicated projects like BIM. The basic BEP plan is utilized to make sure that all the stakeholders, architectural, structural and MEP professionals remain on the equivalent page and proceed at the same predefined pace retaining the clear view in focus.
So, BEP in its nature signifies consulting insights on how BIM will be enforced across the project for each professional ranging from designer, MEP engineer, MEP consultant, or a MEP contractor as well as inter-disciplinary design teams and engineers.
How does BEP impact MEP firms?
Specifically MEP firms reap the most benefits from BEP on BIM coordination. Any MEP firm that deals with a complicated construction project plays a significant role across phases to remain organized. With a BIM implementation plan or a BIM consulting partner BEP is formulated easily to make sure that each stakeholder recognizes their part and can adopt the activities consequently and make out what should be anticipated from other disciplines.
• BEP Documents: The information provided in BEP documents comprise of a plan for BIM adoption, how the data in BIM files are generated, controlled, documented and distributed across the disciplines. When Mep Firms can access such information sets, their teams will to able to undertake decisions for fabrication, delivery at site and installation.
• Project Guide: Aside, when major deliverables and a guide to project milestones are evidently defined, MEP engineers and teams who participate in the project at later stages with regards to other design engineers, BEP plays a very important role in adopting up to date decisions.
• BEP for construction projects: BEP for the construction projects also comprise of practical working method with the details of filenames, abbreviations and acronyms, annotations, symbols in mark-up drawings (if any) and lots other used in the BIM model. The detailed plans in BEP with a guide simplify the task of MEP teams; particularly in formulating MEP coordination drawings and finalizing MEP layout.
Advantages of BEP to MEP firms: When BEP are designed with complete documents to integrate various teams and collaborate to accomplish the project in a systematic and phased manner. BEP provides benefits to MEP teams in the following ways.
• Superior communication and management
• Improved collaboration as per standards
• Reduce reworks
• Saving of time and costs