Some exciting features of Revit 2020
In this article, detail information is given on some exciting features in Revit 2020.
1. NEW PATH OF TRAVEL TOOL: The new Path of Travel feature facilitates to choose a “start point” and an “end point”. Revit will then automatically work out the shortest path among the two points i.e. it now circumvents walls and attempt to locate doors.
2. IMPORT PDF TO REVIT: Visit the Insert tab in the ribbon to get a brand new Import PDF tool.
When the PDF includes vector lines, the Enable Snap feature can be applied to interact with the lines with tools like “pick lines”.
As soon as the snaps are enabled, the “pick walls” tool can be applied to employ the PDF as a reference to generate new walls and other model elements.
3. MAKE ELLIPTICAL WALLS: The elliptical wall feature is now directly incorporated with Revit.
4. EDIT SCOPE BOXES IN VIEW LIST: It is now possible to include the “Scope box” parameter in a “view list” schedule i.e. instantly assign scope boxes devoid of inputting a view manually. It is ideal for projects with a plenty of views. Ensure to add the “Scope Box” parameter in the fields of the view list.
5. MORE COMPETENT IMPORTATION FOR SKETCHUP FILES: Sketchup 2018 files can now be imported. Colors and transparency will function in a more reliable manner. The colors in Realistic visual style can’t apply the Sketchup colors and everything will be settled to RGB code 80-80-80.
The material names from imported sketchup files will operate in a much more reliable manner. Rather than producing a “Rendering Material” with a RGB code, Revit will retain the sketchup name or color name. Besides, the material filter can be set to “SKP” to only view the imported sketchup materials.
6. COPY AND PASTE LEGENDS VIEWS TO SHEETS: Legends are now be duplicated from a sheet to another. Select the “Paste Aligned To Same Place” feature to ensure legends are situated in the correct same spot on all sheets.
7. MANAGE IMAGES MENU ENHANCEMENTS: Images which are imported and connected with Revit can be controlled onveniently. The Manage Images menu will show the file format, the original image dimensions and DPI. It is also possible to choose the path type on the basis of Absolute, Relative or Cloud.
8. SUPERIOR “OR” IN VIEW FILTERS: In the new version, every OR rule can be assigned to a particular category, facilitating you to select specific parameters. The category can be settled to walls and applied the Length parameter. The users will be able to choose “All Selected Categories”, which will function as the same way as the default mode in Revit 2019.
9. MATERIAL USER INTERFACE ENHANCEMENTS: The material libraries icon is changed significantly to improve it’s visibility.
10. NEW APPEARANCE ASSETS: Revit 2020 extends the library with 104 new appearance assets with physically based definition. Some of the new assets contain different types of floorings.