Quick tricks to draw a column layout plan in AutoCAD
In column layout plan, the size of column and the location of column are provided. The column layout plan plays a crucial role for a Structure. The column layout helps in finding out the exact position of the structure.
How to draw the perfect Column Layout Plan with AutoCAD
Normally, the drawing of column layout plan is performed manually or through AutoCAD. AutoCAD software is the most popular software for drawing. Given below, some useful guidelines to draw the column layout plain in AutoCAD.
1. Column Shape Selection: Initially, it is required to select the column shape. There are several types of column shapes in various structures which range from circular, rectangular, box type column.
2. Draw the Column: Once the shape of the column is settled, then the drawing of the column should be started. Draw the column with rectangle (rec+Enter) or circle(c+Enter) command.
3. Settlement of the Column Position: Location of the column position is considered as the most vital part of a structure. The appearance of a structure is based on the location of the column. Therefore, it is necessary, to arrange all the columns at the exact location.
4. Fix the Grid Line: Gridline is considered as the vital part of a structure since the locations of all sections of the structure are arranged according to the grid line.
Draw the grid line (horizontal & vertical) with line (l+Enter) or construction line (xl+Enter) command.
5. Numbering the Grid Line: Numbering the grid line by a,b,c….. or 1,2,3….. Serially. It allows tracing something very easily.
6. Set the Dimension According To Grid Line: Set a dimension of all the columns with reference to grid line by applying dim leaner (diml+Enter) command to trace the exact position of a column.
7. Numbering the Column: Locate a column to notice the schedule can’t be possible devoid of perfect numbering. Therefore, the column should be numbered depending of its size & reinforcement.
Video Source: CAD TUTORIAL BD